Translate

Sunday 1 November 2020

Girls back to school after lockdowns - Campaign with Sofonie Dala. Don't miss it! Webisode 13

School systems struggling to meet the financial and logistical challenges of reopening safely will need to carefully weigh teachers’ concerns.

 This year, though, everything is upside down, the anxiety is everywhere, and the prospect of returning to the classroom is tinged with fear.



Today we invited Augusta. Do you remember her? She was with us in the beginning of #AfricaEducatesHerCampaign.  Now She will share with us her challenges during covid-19 pandemic and her school observation. 



1. Introduction 

My name is Augusta Esteita, I am Angolan, I am 10 years old, studying in the 4th grade.

2. How has covid - 19 affected your student life? 

Covid-19 affected me a lot as a pupil because I had lost contact with my teacher and colleagues.

3. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?

Yes, I went back to study, but with preventive measures.

4. Has your school distributed any biosecurity materials?

Yes, my school distributed various biosafety materials such as building new washbasins, they also offered us soap, water and alcohol gel.

5. What are the prevention measures against covid - 19 you saw that the government/ school created to ensure your safety?

Always maintain social distancing, always wash hands with water and soap, put alcohol gel and follow all the instructions given by the government.

6. How do you feel? Are you enjoying going to class or you are scared?

I'm scared, but I always go to school with biosecurity equipment and I always wash my hands.


Click here to watch the first Augusta interview recorded in September: https://sofoniedala.blogspot.com/2020/09/africa-educates-her-campaign-with_2.html

Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us! 

Share your experiences learning/teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post #COVID19 in your local communities. 
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...