Translate

Wednesday 24 August 2022

Innovating Education in Angola 2022

The advent of COVID-19 has exacerbated challenges in Africa’s education and training systems and reinforced the need for innovative solutions that are fit for purpose and can be scaled up sustainably to meet the continually evolving context of education and training. Although the education deficit in Africa is large, significant progress has been made over the past decade. About a fifth of children between the ages of 6-11 are out of school, whereas for children between 12-14 exclusion is about 33%; and an estimated 60% of youth between the ages of 15-17 not in school, with girls more negatively affected. Thus, access remains a challenge at different levels.



Hello, my name is Teresa, I am 13 years old, I stopped studying when I was in seventh grade in 2018 due to financial problems. All these kids who are here with me don't study either.

However, I would like to recite a poem about Covid-19:

There are diseases that are worse than diseases

There are diseases that are more than disease

That make things more urgent and more difficult

I fear coronavirus and zeal for my life

Our faith is the vaccine

The pandemic that now dominates the world haunts me

I didn't want this plague

Protect yourself and protect us

There is no evil that lasts forever

Have resilience because everything passes!

After reciting the poem, Teresa decided to leave an appeal to all sponsors and investors:

Coronavirus is one of the reasons that these children do not study. I hope that a sponsor will appear to finance the school for all the girls.

After all we had a basic class in which the children learned to speak English.

The class was so fruitful that at the end of the program, the children shouted in chorus "We want to study, we want to study"!

"We want to study, we want to study"!

"We want to study, we want to study"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...