Translate

Thursday 3 March 2022

Do we have a 360 view of the race situation in Ukraine?

 

Thank God the DNT Correspondence in Ukraine has been able to safely leave the country and is on her way to Hungary now.


She traveled 18 hours on the train from Kyiv, the capital to the Ukraine/Hungary border, and the following is the exchange between her and DNT:

DNT: Good afternoon Magdalene. Where r u now? Don’t scare me. Let me know you’re ok

Magdalene: Good evening Mr Jermaine. It’s been crazy out here. Just got on a train to Hungary from Ukraine’s border

DNT: Are you on the train now? And did you have a problem boarding it because of your race?

Magdalene: Yes I am on the train now. No I did not. I followed the protocols and when they the children and mothers boarded , I pushed to board too just like every other able man or woman who was there ..
in fact the security left when all the kids and their mums boarded for us to get on. There were some Africans too , none of experienced anything like that.

DNT: Is the train full?

Magdalene: Yes super full

DNT: Looking at the map of Ukraine, it has been a long journey from Kyiv to the Ukraine/Hungary border. What has the trip been like as you said it has been crazy?

Magdalene: I lost the wheels of my bag in the stampede and on two different occasions, I got two Ukrainians who willingly helped me carry my bag.

It has been really stressful. 18hours on a train that was full to the brim, we were literally packed like sardines , I couldn’t not get a seat in the cabin so I stayed on the aisle sitting on bag throughout the journey.

On getting to the city that shares border with Hungary , there were free buses already awaiting to convey us to the border train station and some free food too. So it’s not been a bad journey, it’s just so stressful due to long waiting hours and all

DNT: What about COVID protocols?

Magdalene: They did not check anything

DNT: Ok have a safe trip and may God protect you

Magdalene: Thank you.

DNT News, Hungary

…………………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...