Translate

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Trump finally bulks – approves transition process

 General Services Administration head Emily Murphy wrote a letter to President-elect Joe Biden on Monday approving the beginning of the transition process.

Trump finally bulks – approves transition process

Her action releases millions of dollars in funds and clears the way for a new Biden administration.

Murphy went out of her way to suggest that she came into the decision independently.

"I have dedicated much of my adult life to public service, and I have always strived to do what is right," Murphy wrote in a letter to Biden on Monday. “Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and the available facts.

I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official - including those who work at the White House or GSA - with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. ”

Trump thanked Murphy for her work just moments later in a tweet saying “I want to thank Emily Murphy at GSA for her steadfast dedication and loyalty to our Country. She has been harassed, threatened, and abused - and I do not want to see this happen to her, her family, or employees of GSA. Our STRONGLY case continues, we will keep up the good fight and I believe we will prevail. ”

Although Trump claims his about face is “in the interest of our country,” his new stance comes less than 24 hours after it came to light that 21 Republican senators have privately expressed their utter disdain for his behavior.


DNT News, Washington DC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...