Translate

Friday 30 October 2020

Girls back to school after lockdowns. Campaign with Sofonie Dala. Webisode 11

The past two decades have been marked by outstanding gains in girls’ education worldwide, with the number of girls out of school dropping by 79 million. We cannot risk rolling back this progress. For some children, the impact of COVID-19 will be temporary. But for others, this pandemic will be devastating and will alter the course of their lives.

There is a need to intensify community mobilization and support for girls’ education, including for pregnant girls and those who were out of school before the COVID-19 crisis.

Our today's guest is Benita, she finally went back to school and wiil share with us her school observations.


1. Introduction 

Good afternoon! My name is Benita Paulo, I'm 11 years old, studying in the sixth grade and I'm Angolan.

2. How has covid - 19 affected your student life? 

The coronavirus pandemic surprised me, I lost contact with my colleagues and teachers, this situation made me sad. Despite everything, I studied at home.

3. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?

Thanks God, my school reopened and I went back to study.

4. Has your school distributed any biosecurity materials?

Unfortunately, my school did not distribute any biosecurity materials.

5. What are the prevention measures against covid - 19 you saw that the government/ school created to ensure your safety?

Wash hands with soap and water, disinfect hands with alcohol gel, make the use of masks constantly and measure body temperature with a thermometer.

6. How do you feel? Are you enjoying going to class or you are scared?

I am very happy, because Covid-19 didn't prejudice my health.


During Covid-19 lockdowns, schools were closed, and many girls were at home, making them more vulnerable to child marriage. Informal workers have lost their livelihoods and there is a higher chance of them marrying their underage daughters to reduce the number of mouths to feed.

We are inviting you to run ''Back-to-school campaigns'' that include targeted messages for communities and caregivers to actively engage them in supporting girls going back to school. Messages must be contextualized, culturally relevant, and effective at changing pervasive and harmful gender norms that hold girls back.

Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us! 

Share your experiences learning/teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post #COVID19 in your local communities. 
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...