Translate

Saturday 19 August 2023

Netherlands-Based Kenyan Woman Pens Heartfelt Letter to Dad Who Disowned Her at 3

 A young lady brought up by a single mum after her father abandoned her when she was three years old is ready to reunite with him. Fridah Mukiri Harriet said she was willing to meet her father, Zakayo Kinyua Mbaabu and reconcile despite the lost years.



Despite the challenging upbringing without him, she grew up to be a forgiving and understanding woman. The mum of one said regardless of the misunderstanding the father had with her mum, she was ready to put it behind them.

“I have forgiven you. I don’t care about the years lost because now I understand the best timing is always when everything aligns. So no future, no past. It wasn’t easy growing up without you, and I have suffered the consequences. I somehow feel now my daughter, your granddaughter deserves your presence. You have time to make it up.

Please don’t show up for me. I am all grown now to carry my cross. So little or nothing you can do for me now but show up for her. She is at the age when you left me. Bit older. I understand you left before I could even turn three years. She is six years. She has everything but doesn’t have you yet, so complete that circle for her and I will be happy,” Mukiri said.

The Netherlands-based woman said she was still proud of her father because she carried her father’s DNA.

Mukiri noted her mother taught her and her siblings not to speak ill of their absent father despite what happened.

“I still laugh though why she loved you this much. She somehow infected the whole love to us too. We have grown to be very wonderful girls,” she added.

The Meru-born lady said she would not want to be judgemental to her father.

“I want to protect my mum and my father, too, in the information I have provided. My dad knows our names since we have not changed them.

My daughter still has grandparents in the Netherlands, so she is not so lonely. She does not ask much about her grandfather, now my father, who is missing,” the 33-year-old lady added.

In another story, tears flew as a lady finally met her dad after 19 years during her return from the US.

A lady who was sent to the United States of America at two returned to her family after 19 years.

The Ethiopian lady, Kalkidan, said her father was the first to leave home in search of greener pastures, and they lost contact for over eight years.

Before Kalkidan’s father was found, she had already left home and travelled to America, where she lived until their reunion.

 by John Green

………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...