Translate

Wednesday 11 November 2020

Back to school after lock down. Campaign with preschool children. Don't miss it! Webisode 23

 Preschool Children in Lockdown

COVID-19 has led to major disruptions to families' lives, through social distancing, closure of childcare settings and lockdown. Although schools have been reopening children were excluded from a quality education.

We decided to organize a special dedication program for our children who, due to coronavirus (COVID-19) lost their rights to go back to school.

Today we have a couple, David and Lanete. They will share with us their experiences during school closures.

Interview with David

1. Introduction

Hello! My name is David, I am 10 years old and I study in the 5th grade.

2. Why are you no longer going to school?

Because of the pandemic. The government did not create better conditions for preschool students to study.

3. How has covid-19 affected your student life?

The coronavirus affected me in several ways, I no longer go to school, I no longer have the supervision of the teachers, I no longer see my colleagues, I no longer go to the library and my scientific knowledge is declining.

4. What are the conditions you would like the government / school to create in order to ensure your safety at school?

I would like the school to impose measures such as hand washing with water and soap, to put an official at the main gate to measure our temperature, I also want the government to donate gloves, masks and alcohol gel.

5. Why do you want to go back to school?

I want to go back to school because I am a child and my duty is to study in order to increase my scientific knowledge and in the future I want to be the president of the country.



Interview with Lanete

1. Introduction
Hello! My name is Lanete, I'm 11 years old, studying in the 5th grade and I'm Angolan.

2. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?
I didn't go back to school because of the pandemic covid-19.

3. How has covid-19 affected your student life?
Covid-19 affected me in many ways, I can no longer go to school, I cannot see my colleagues, I am not studying, I cannot see my teachers and so on.

4. What are the conditions you would like the government / school to create to ensure your safety at school?
I would like my school to create conditions like providing water to wash our hands, donation of masks, gloves and other biosafety equipment.


Since the lockdown of primary school, pupils spend most of their time at home with their parents and siblings. Schools began locking down just when children started to feel safe in the classroom environment, began developing trust with their teachers, and started to enjoy their relationships with other children.


Link to signup form and pledge: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hGOHt-E0TDUBT_oNswL1I34ynB1FtLZLsq_m3HjEnDY/edit

Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us!

Share your experiences learning / teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post # COVID19 in your local communities.
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...