Translate

Saturday 20 November 2021

Ladies without plastic - Green Menstruation. Environmental challenge by Sofonie Dala, Angola. Day 3

 Women without plastic - Key to reduce our carbon footprints 👣 


Greetings for the day! 

Welcome to the 3rd day of the Green Menstruation Challenge!

Today we have Luísa in our show. She will share with us about her personal hygiene.


Good morning!
Good morning, thanks.
Please introduce yourself.
My name is Luisa João, I am 35 years old. 
Ok. Which of these pads do you use?
I use this one, the reusable pad.
Why?
Because it's more practical and economical for me. It allows me to save money. 
But for my daughter I buy this one, the disposable one. 
Can you tell us, why? 
Because my daughter doesn't accept to wash. 

So you think that using washable menstrual pads is more sustainable? 
Yes, for me reusable pads are more suitable. After using I can easily wash and dry. 


Over 100 billion sanitary napkins, tampons and applicators are dumped into landfills every year. When wrapped in plastic bags, feminine hygiene waste can take centuries to biodegrade. The average woman uses over 11,000 tampons over her lifetime, leaving behind residue far beyond her lifespan. 


Here are some other steps you could take to make your period more sustainable (and potentially healthier):

1) Choose reusable menstrual hygiene products like menstrual cups, period underwear and reusable sanitary napkins.
2) choose organic cotton if you can ― and support transparent brands.
3) Demand that corporations make plastic-free sanitary products.
4) Help make menstruation a bigger public policy priority.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...