Translate

Friday 18 December 2020

We are back! Africa Educates Her Campaign - Angola. Season 3. The Talk show with Sofonie Dala. Day 1

 We are happy to announce the season 3 of Africa Educates Her Campaign- Angola

The purpose of this campaign is to ensure all girls have access to a quality and safe education by dismantling the barriers imposed by Covid-19, poverty and partnering with communities in support of girls’ education.

The campaign works to:

• Help bring the most marginalized girls back to school after COVID-19

• Integrate girls who have dropped out of school back into the education system.

Interview with Sofonie Dala


Hello everyone! My name is Sofonie Dala, I am from Angola.

I am one of the 5 youth Ambassador throughout Africa, that will bring awareness of the campaign into the different regions of the continent. I advocate for the Africa Educates Her Campaign in my community and beyond.

We will carry out variety of creative and innovative actions in support of our campaigning and advocacy work.

As an alumni of the African Union / Center for Girls and Women's Education in Africa I pledge to stand up for girls' right to education by supporting the Africa Educates Her Campaign in Southern Africa.


Interview with Laurinda


My name is Laurinda Anastacia, I study in the 11th grade at the institute of telecommunications.

I am here to share how the Covid-19 pandemic has impacted my academic life. Firstly, I stopped studying because of covid-19. Thanks to God schools reopened, but I found Barriers because the coronavirus affected my family financially. Every time I went back to school I was always expelled for not paying my tuition fee.

In my social life, although I am not going to school I attend some courses in mathematics and hairdressing.

There are some concerns that have worried me: the agglomerations on the part of my neighbors. They use to stay on the street until midnight in large numbers of people without wearing masks, another issue is the constant manifestations that young people have been organizing against the Angolan government that always end in deaths.


Africa Educates Her virtual Pop-Up Concert

As part of the Africa Educates Her campaign, the AU / CIEFFA organized a virtual Pop-Up Concert to showcase the creative contents received and the talents of young African people standing up for girls' and women's education on the continent. This concert leveraged the participation of education activists and artists from each of the 5 regions of Africa to spotlight the challenges girls face in this period of the pandemic.

Image

Click here to watch the concert 


Watch the video of the concert at 55:45min is Sofonie Dala's speech




Covid 19 has disrupted our education systems and widened inequalities. School closures have created unintended negative consequences on the welfare of learners, especially on girls. The virus has revealed the fragility of our education systems and broken many dreams of young girls and boys. It threatens the progress made by African countries in terms of access, participation, and completion at primary and secondary levels of education, and heightens the vulnerability level of our girls within and outside the family setting.


Click here to see season 1 and season 2


1. Overview of Africa Educates Her Campaign Angola. Interview with Sofonie Dala. Bonus

https://sofoniedala.blogspot.com/2020/11/overview-of-africa-educates-her.html

2. Celebrating the completion of Girls back to school campaign: 

https://sofoniedala.blogspot.com/2020/11/the-grand-finale-congratulations-we-are.html


3. Celebrating the successful completion of Africa Educates Her Campaign - Angola:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...