Translate

Saturday 7 November 2020

Girls back to school after lockdowns. Campaign with Sofonie Dala. Don't miss it! Webisode 19

Being a school student can sometimes be challenging, but the COVID-19 pandemic has made getting an education, and life in general, even more difficult for young people in Angola.


For this and other reasons we are carrying out this campaign to analyze the impact of COVID-19 lockdown on the academic performance of students. 

Our today's guest is Antonia, she will share with us how COVID-19 has been affecting her life.


1. Introduction
Hello! My name is Antonia Pedro, I am studying in the 9th grade, I am 14 years old and I am Angolan.

2. How has covid - 19 affected your student life?
Covid-19 significantly affected my plans, especially in academic aspects. The rapid increases of confirmed cases and the high number of deaths got me very depressed.
For example, the country was recording more than 200 positive cases per day and many deaths as a result of this, I started having anxiety and feeling depressed this event negatively affected my academic performance. Moreover, I wanted to take some professional courses, unfortunately I couldn't.

3. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?
Thank God, schools have reopened and I went back to study. 

4. Has your school distributed any bio-security materials?
Unfortunately, my school did not distribute any bio-security material, we only have the school guard at the gate who measures our temperature before entering the classroom.

5. What are the prevention measures against covid - 19 you saw that the government / school created to ensure your safety?
The measures that school created to avoid the spread of covid-19 are: to wash hands daily, use alcohol gel sanitizer, do not touch our colleagues or hug or kiss and we should stay at least 1 meter away from each other.

6. How do you feel? Are you enjoying going to class?
I am happy to go back to school but I am afraid that at school a positive case may appear.


Many universities, schools and colleges worldwide suspended classroom teaching due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The COVID-19 crisis created serious challenges to students ’well-being and development that require a response focusing on their social and emotional learning, health, and well-being.
Thus, we have been asking children and young people around the country how they are coping with the new normal, and how their lives have been affected.



Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us!

Share your experiences learning / teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post # COVID19 in your local communities.
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...