Translate

Friday 6 November 2020

Girls back to school after lockdown. Campaign with Sofonie Dala. Webisode 18

After a prolonged period of learning at home during school closures, student in Angola are back in the physical classroom since October 5 and adjusting to the new normal.

All students are required to have their temperature checked before entering the classrooms and clean their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizers at the school’s screening point.

Our today's guest is Beatriz, she will share with us her experiences during covid-19 pandemic.

1. Introduction
Hello! My name is Beatriz, I am 12 years old and I study in the 7th grade in a public school.

2. How has covid - 19 affected your student life?
The Covi-19 pandemic affected me a lot. This delayed my development at school, caused me a lot of psychological difficulties, delayed my studies and now I am having serious difficulties to assimilate.
In addition, I am afraid to repeat the school year because of the delay that covid-19 has caused.

3. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?
Thanks to God, schools have reopened and I started to study again, but I feel a little lost because I almost forgot everything I learned before the pandemic. However, our teachers have been repeating past subjects.

4. Has your school distributed any biosecurity materials?
My school didn't distribute any biosecurity materials, we only have the school guard who checks our temperature before we enter.

5. What are the prevention measures against covid - 19 you saw that the government / school created to ensure your safety? 
The preventive measures that school has created are: to wash hands several times a day, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers, avoid crowded places, do not give hugs or kisses and always use the mask before leaving home.

6. How do you feel? Are you enjoying going to class?
I am very happy to go back to school but I am also very worried because I do not want to catch covid-19.

The prolonged school closures this year caused unprecedented challenges to teachers and children. Some children could not access online learning, while others had to help out their families during the day.

Therefore, teachers must redesign their methods of teaching to keep children learning and ensure that children don’t forget what they studied in the previous semester. ”

Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us!

Share your experiences learning / teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post # COVID19 in your local communities.
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...