Translate

Thursday 12 November 2020

Back to school after lockdown. Campaign with preschool children. Don't miss it! Webisode 24

Kids, school, and COVID-19

More than 1 billion children are at risk of falling behind due to school closures aimed at containing the spread of COVID-19.
Although schools in Angola reopened in early October, the Angolan government postponed the resumption of lessons in primary education (1st to 5th grade), the largest chunk of the education system. The postponement in the Primary Education owed to the increase in Covid-19 positive cases in the country.


Today we are taking to beautiful kids who are being left behind due to Covid-19 pandemic. They will share with us their experiences during school closures.

Interview with Tina


Hello, my name is Tina, I'm 12 years old and I'm Angolan.
The school has already reopened but I did not go back to study because the government did not create safe conditions against the pandemic for those in the 5th grade to study.
When the school reopens for us, I would like the government to provide Biosafety materials like gloves, masks, visors and alcohol gel.
I really want to go back to school, because as a student I have many things  to learn.

Tina was with us in the second part of Africa Educates Her Campaign. Do you remember her? Click here to see her first interview:https://she-leads.blogspot.com/2020/09/africa-educates-her-campaign-angola-day_19.html?m=1

Interview with Jenito

1. Introduction
Hello, my name is jenito, I am 5 years old, I am a 1st grader and I am Angolan.

2. Why did you stop attending school?
I stopped going to school because the coronavirus affected me and students.

3. Do you want to go back to school?
Yes, I want to study.

4. What are the necessary conditions that you want in order to return to study safely?
I want soap and water to wash my hands, plus alcohol gel, gloves and mask. Thanks!


Interview with Ivanilson


1. Introduction
Hi! My name is Evanilson, I am 9 years old, studying in the 4th class and I am Angolan.

2. As a student how did coronavirus affect you?
I don't go to school anymore, I miss my colleagues and teachers, I miss my friends. 

3. What are the conditions you would like the government to create to ensure your safety at school?
I want them to cement the school because when it rains my school becomes a beach. I also want the government to distribute masks, alcohol gel, gloves and other bio-safety materials.

4. Why do you want to continue going to school? 
Because I want to continue learning and not be illiterate.


To keep the world’s children learning, countries must implement remote education programmes. Yet many of the world’s children – particularly those in poorer households – do not have internet access, personal computers, TVs or even radio at home, amplifying the effects of existing learning inequalities.

Since July 2020, we have been conducting daily interviews with students, kids and teachers across Angola in order to make sure that all the students will return to school after lockdown. 


Link to signup form and pledge: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hGOHt-E0TDUBT_oNswL1I34ynB1FtLZLsq_m3HjEnDY/edit

Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us!

Share your experiences learning / teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post # COVID19 in your local communities.
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...