Translate

Friday 13 November 2020

Back to school after lockdowns. Campaign with preschool children. Don't miss it! Webisode 25

Due to the pandemic, the topic of innovation in education has never been so crucial. While most developed countries moved their classes online with ease, many developing countries have been found wanting, due to a lack of infrastructure and the high cost of data.

This year, Angola declared that its 2020 school year was considered lost for primary school pupils. Indeed, COVID-19 has left 250 million children in primary and secondary schools in Africa alone out of school.

Ou today's guests are from primary school, they will share with us how COVID-19 has been affecting their lives.

Interview with Joice


1. Introduction
Hello! My name is joice, I am 10 years old, I study in the fifth grade and I am Angolan.

2. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?
I didn't go back to class because of the coronavirus.

3. How has covid-19 affected your student life?
Well, the coronavirus affected my studies and I can't go out to play anymore.
However, in these free times I like to help people in need, I like to play, to read and I also like to go to the explanation with the tutor.

4. What are the measures you would like the government to create to ensure your safety at school?
Well, I want the government to distribute mask, alcohol gel and force the students to keep the social distance of 1 meter from each other.


Interview with Laurindo


1. Introduction
Hello! My name is Laurindo, I'm 13 years old, I'm a 7th grader and I'm Nigerian.

2. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?
I didn’t go back to school due to school conditions. Unfortunately my school did not create any safe conditions for students.

3. What are the conditions you would like the government to create to ensure your safety at school?
I would like to see the following preventive measures against coronavirus: social distance between students, hand washing with water and soap, disinfection of hands with alcohol gel etc.

 4. How has covid-19 affected your student life?

The Covid-19 affected me in many ways, for example I can no longer go to school. Hey, I'm getting embarrassed, sorry.


Interview with Braulio


1. Introduction

Hello! I'm Braulio Dala, I'm 14 years old, I'm a 9 grader and I'm Angolan.

2. Now that schools have reopened, have you gone back to school?

Yes I started studying again.

3. How has covid-19 affected your student life?

As a student, the coronavirus affected me in many ways, I no longer go to the library and I cannot even have close contact with my colleagues and professors.

I also don't like how my school is organized. They did not distribute any masks, visors, alcohol gel and gloves. Another point that I also disliked is that when we are at school the security guards don't organize students who do not follow the preventive measures, they use to stay very close to each other. The school guards only tell us to wash our hands and check our temperatures.

4. Are you enjoying the post covid-19 experience? 

No, I don't like it. In my point of view, the school should organize the classes better, despite breaking the class into two groups, yet the classroom is still very full. In my opinion the classrooms should be divided into 3 groups.

There is no doubt that African governments need to invest in free, high-quality online education for all Africans. So that when complicated situations like Covid-19 arise, all students have the right and access to education including pre-school children.

Link to signup form and pledge: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hGOHt-E0TDUBT_oNswL1I34ynB1FtLZLsq_m3HjEnDY/edit

Don't miss this opportunity to bring girls back to school. Join us!

Share your experiences learning / teaching during the school closures & the projects or initiatives you've launched to get girls back to school post # COVID19 in your local communities.
Visit my new channel to see all the activities https://she-leads.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Tell me about Sofonie Dala - entrepreneur philanthropist

Entrepreneur philanthropist Sofonie Dala, the founder of the digital startup "Talentos Multiplus," emerges as a beacon of innovati...